#004 : Blue Death

Some of Shadowpuma's real life ShadowPix featured from the Shadowpuma website.
Shadowpuma
Site Admin
Site Admin
Game Relation: Rift
Online Main Character Name: Shadowpuma

#004 : Blue Death

Post by Shadowpuma » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:25 pm

Link to ShadowPix #004

PC's are funny things. When they work they work perfectly (for me anyway), but when there is a problem it takes all the fun out of using it.

Over the past month or so my machine has been locking up when doing various things, like playing EverQuest, making movies, playing video files through it to the tv. But over the last week it has been giving Blue Screens of Death. For those that don't know what one of those is ... take a look at the picture. A big blue screen with white text telling you that your pc has stopped. The only solution is to understand what its trying to tell you, turn it off, and turn it back on.

But today I found out what was causing the problem. A stick of my DDR2 memory has decided to not work and error all over the place. My plan now is to buy some more, send this broken set to Corsair and claim on it under warranty.

Hopefully after this is sorted there won't be any more problems and I can keep going until something actually needs upgrading by choice and not because it's blown up.