Sorcerer Changes 10-28-09 on test

Know of any Patch Notes, Announcements from SoE or other Vanguard official resources? Why not post them in this section for others to read.

Moderator: Vanguard

dosi
Shadow Member
Shadow Member
Game Relation: Vanguard : Saga of Heroes
Online Main Character Name: Dosi

Sorcerer Changes 10-28-09 on test

Post by dosi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Tiraslee Developer

Sorcerer Changes

- Unfocused form has been removed. Sorcerers will now default to Fiery Intensity form.

- A new passive ability has been added to the Sorcerer trainers called Magical Manifestation. This passive adds 16% damage.

- Fiery Intensity no longer grants a 16% damage bonus.

- Icy Focus no longer lowers energy costs and global refresh.

- Fiery Intensity and Icy Focus should now persist through death properly.

- Color Spray is now properly set to a mesmerize and not a stun.

- Chaos Volley, Taqmir’s Barrage/Bolts and Shocking Grasp will no longer remove the feedback from Seradon’s Falling Comet.

- Sanctuaries have had their refresh timers reduced to 2 minutes.

- Sanctuaries will now place 45 second immunities on their targets.

- Meteor Storm has had its refresh timer reduced to 0 and its stun portion is now a 10% chance.

- Meteor Storm has had its cast time reduced to 3 seconds.

- Meteor Storm will now cast a debuff called Meteor Storm Synergism on the targets it hits as long as they do not already have it on them. This will allow Ice Quake IV to do additional damage. The debuff lasts for 6 seconds.

- Ice Quake IV will now cast a debuff called Icequake Synergism on the targets it hits as long as they do not already have it on them. This will allow Meteor Storm to do additional damage. The debuff lasts for 6 seconds.

- Aquamarine Focus Essence now scales properly past level 50.

- Diamond Focus Essence now scales properly past level 50.

- Opal Focus Essence now scales properly past level 50.

- Quartz Focus Essence now scales properly past level 50.

- Quicksilver Focus Essence now scales its attributes properly past level 50.

NOTE: These changes are currently in Khal only, or chunks that are respawned.

I am spawning some practice dummies in Khal near the riftway. Please test these changes and lemme know of any issues. We are still monitoring the sorcerer thread.
Tiraslee Developer

Going to reduce Forget's refresh to 20 seconds

Tiraslee Developer
I just respawned Shimmering Shallows so should be good to go there with the sorcerer updates. Sorcerers are already #1 on the dps charts so I don't really see a reason to increase their dps any more.

I tested the sanctuaries and they worked for me. I was trying this against the salamanders in Vi'Rak. Some npcs have abilities that will ignore invulnerablities/immunities but there aren't many who do (usually are among raid mobs, some pota).

Tiraslee Developer

Yeah I see no problem with changing Chromatic Halo to that. Will go ahead and make it rune 1 entire hit and see how it plays.