- The following abilities no longer require an npc corpse to work:
o Advocate's Ritual
o Plague Bringer's Ritual
o Ritual of the Guardian
o Ritual of the Servant
o Ritual of the Slayer
- Level 53+ necromancers may now have up to 3 minions.
- Minions will now last up to 24 hours.
- Minions have had their HP values doubled.
- Minions now have 75% aoe mitigation.
- A 6 slot bag designed to hold grafts only are now for sale on the necromancer instructors around the world. Additional bags have been added to the necropsy tables for every 10 levels.
- Increased the damage on the Bone Spike line.
- Reduced the initial delay on the DoT portion of Bone Rail to 2 seconds.
- Increased the damage slightly on the Drain Life line.
- The nuke portion of Death Touch has been removed.
- Death Touch now requires the npc to be below 10% health to work.
- Reduced the refresh timer on Death Touch to 3 minutes, from 30 minutes.
- Increased the return ratio on Life Draught to 75%.
- Necros now have both Lich and Wraith forms, and may switch between them. A form switch timer of 20 seconds has been added. The Guise of Mortality forms have been renamed to fit which form they represent. Switching forms will kill all your minions.
- The necro form quests have been removed.
- The minion summon abilities have been added to the trainer.
- Removed the endurance costs from the forms.
- Ghastly Revenge and Necrotic Clutch are now openly available without flag restrictions. With this change, they will not stack with each other on the caster.
- Removed the levitation effect from the Wraith forms. In response, a new self levitation ability has been added to the trainer called Weight of the Ghost.
- Increased the duration on Ritual of Necropotence to 30 minutes, from 5 minutes.
- Poison Burst has been renamed to Noxious Malady.
- Noxious Malady (Poison Burst) will no longer be an aoe nuke. It now is a single target nuke with a 25 second debuff to accuracy, critical hit chance and spell mitigation at the highest level.
- Increased the duration on Devouring Shadows to 60 seconds, from 24 seconds.
- Increased the duration on Grasp of the Grave to 60 seconds, from 36 seconds.
- Increased the duration on Plague of Infestation to 60 seconds, from 24 seconds.
- Increased the duration on Torment to 60 seconds, from 32 seconds.
- Reduced the refresh timer on Sealed Fate to 30 seconds, from 3 minutes.
NOTE: These changes are currently in Khal only, or chunks that are respawned.
I am spawning some practice dummies in Khal near the riftway. Please test these changes and lemme know of any issues.
Comments as we talked about on test today:
Stance dancing recalculates hit points going from lich to wraith and back again. With as many temps as some of us run in raiding scenarios, concerned about this effecting performance.
Stance dancing uses endurance. Gives you an error message if you do it too often but will still let you dance every 5 seconds.
Ghastly Revenge and Necrotic Clutch need to be available on the trainer and I am sure they are flagged form-specific right now. I'd also be looking at reducing cast times of NC3 and GR to be instant casts with maybe 8 second or so cooldowns? Theory is here (and I love the stance dancing) but if you're trying to put up max dd output you stance dance to lich or wraith form and make sure GR is running before your nukes.
Same goes for minions. Minions came from books for the form-specific quests so they need to be put on the class trainer.
Might want to take a look at putting levi on a separate ability but like I mentioned ... this is a fluff change because if you have levi up all ready it's not as if anything changed.
Some things I really liked:
Bone Rail change. Stance dancing finally.
Death Touch. But I hasten to wonder why the nuke part was taken off and the 3.0 cast time was still left? Any chance to make it work like some of the finishing blow moves that melee have which are instant so we can macro this in? Otherwise it's constantly casting but getting error messages?
Appreciate the balancing! Really is some good stuff you all started on.
I think now the Death Touch can only be cast on things that meet the requirements, so you won't get the spam it should just not try to cast if the target isn't valid or isn't under the 10%.
All melee attacks are instant. I doubt the spell cast time will change
We're making the form change timer 20 seconds instead of 5 to avoid issues with the stance dancing.
Tiraslee Developer < ----his answers are in bold text
Some nice changes. A couple more clarifications if possible please
GR/NC - does that mean if one is up, and we cast the other, the newly-cast one will overwrite, or will it not stick & the existing one stays up?
The newly-cast one will overwrite the one that is on yourself.
Necropetence - this was 5min previously I'm sure?
You're right. That's a typo in the notes.
Noxious Malady - nice, new nuke! Question, does that mean we now have no AE ability (detonate corpse doesn't really count)?
This is correct.
With DoT durations being increased so much, how will this affect damage per tick?
The damage per tick has not been touched.