Necromancer Changes On Test - 9/9/09

Know of any Patch Notes, Announcements from SoE or other Vanguard official resources? Why not post them in this section for others to read.

Moderator: Vanguard

dosi
Shadow Member
Shadow Member
Game Relation: Vanguard : Saga of Heroes
Online Main Character Name: Dosi

Necromancer Changes On Test - 9/9/09

Post by dosi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:43 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts ... c_id=50370
Tiraslee Developer

Necromancer Changes

- The following abilities no longer require an npc corpse to work:

o Advocate's Ritual

o Plague Bringer's Ritual

o Ritual of the Guardian

o Ritual of the Servant

o Ritual of the Slayer

- Level 53+ necromancers may now have up to 3 minions.

- Minions will now last up to 24 hours.

- Minions have had their HP values doubled.

- Minions now have 75% aoe mitigation.

- A 6 slot bag designed to hold grafts only are now for sale on the necromancer instructors around the world. Additional bags have been added to the necropsy tables for every 10 levels.

- Increased the damage on the Bone Spike line.

- Reduced the initial delay on the DoT portion of Bone Rail to 2 seconds.

- Increased the damage slightly on the Drain Life line.

- The nuke portion of Death Touch has been removed.

- Death Touch now requires the npc to be below 10% health to work.

- Reduced the refresh timer on Death Touch to 3 minutes, from 30 minutes.

- Increased the return ratio on Life Draught to 75%.

- Necros now have both Lich and Wraith forms, and may switch between them. A form switch timer of 20 seconds has been added. The Guise of Mortality forms have been renamed to fit which form they represent. Switching forms will kill all your minions.

- The necro form quests have been removed.

- The minion summon abilities have been added to the trainer.

- Removed the endurance costs from the forms.

- Ghastly Revenge and Necrotic Clutch are now openly available without flag restrictions. With this change, they will not stack with each other on the caster.

- Removed the levitation effect from the Wraith forms. In response, a new self levitation ability has been added to the trainer called Weight of the Ghost.

- Increased the duration on Ritual of Necropotence to 30 minutes, from 5 minutes.

- Poison Burst has been renamed to Noxious Malady.

- Noxious Malady (Poison Burst) will no longer be an aoe nuke. It now is a single target nuke with a 25 second debuff to accuracy, critical hit chance and spell mitigation at the highest level.

- Increased the duration on Devouring Shadows to 60 seconds, from 24 seconds.

- Increased the duration on Grasp of the Grave to 60 seconds, from 36 seconds.

- Increased the duration on Plague of Infestation to 60 seconds, from 24 seconds.

- Increased the duration on Torment to 60 seconds, from 32 seconds.

- Reduced the refresh timer on Sealed Fate to 30 seconds, from 3 minutes.

NOTE: These changes are currently in Khal only, or chunks that are respawned.

I am spawning some practice dummies in Khal near the riftway. Please test these changes and lemme know of any issues.
Ikik Developer

Kimja@Seradon wrote:

Comments as we talked about on test today:

Stance dancing recalculates hit points going from lich to wraith and back again. With as many temps as some of us run in raiding scenarios, concerned about this effecting performance.
Stance dancing uses endurance. Gives you an error message if you do it too often but will still let you dance every 5 seconds.
Ghastly Revenge and Necrotic Clutch need to be available on the trainer and I am sure they are flagged form-specific right now. I'd also be looking at reducing cast times of NC3 and GR to be instant casts with maybe 8 second or so cooldowns? Theory is here (and I love the stance dancing) but if you're trying to put up max dd output you stance dance to lich or wraith form and make sure GR is running before your nukes.
Same goes for minions. Minions came from books for the form-specific quests so they need to be put on the class trainer.
Might want to take a look at putting levi on a separate ability but like I mentioned ... this is a fluff change because if you have levi up all ready it's not as if anything changed.
Some things I really liked:

Bone Rail change. Stance dancing finally.

Haven't tested:

Death Touch. But I hasten to wonder why the nuke part was taken off and the 3.0 cast time was still left? Any chance to make it work like some of the finishing blow moves that melee have which are instant so we can macro this in? Otherwise it's constantly casting but getting error messages?

Appreciate the balancing! Really is some good stuff you all started on.

I think now the Death Touch can only be cast on things that meet the requirements, so you won't get the spam it should just not try to cast if the target isn't valid or isn't under the 10%.
Ikik Developer

All melee attacks are instant. I doubt the spell cast time will change

Tiraslee Developer

We're making the form change timer 20 seconds instead of 5 to avoid issues with the stance dancing.
Tiraslee Developer < ----his answers are in bold text

Khabarakh@Seradon wrote:

Some nice changes. A couple more clarifications if possible please
GR/NC - does that mean if one is up, and we cast the other, the newly-cast one will overwrite, or will it not stick & the existing one stays up?

The newly-cast one will overwrite the one that is on yourself.

Necropetence - this was 5min previously I'm sure?

You're right. That's a typo in the notes.

Noxious Malady - nice, new nuke! Question, does that mean we now have no AE ability (detonate corpse doesn't really count)?

This is correct.

With DoT durations being increased so much, how will this affect damage per tick?

The damage per tick has not been touched.

Assalier

Re: Necromancer Changes On Test - 9/9/09

Post by Assalier » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:16 am

some are nice, most are awful.

DT to 10%??? with its slow cast i can never land it on time.
3min to 30s on sealed fate? bulls. the only good proc nuke with necro gets the nerf....

btw, no wonder this is the last item on change list, the reader might not get that far to notice it.

Sealed Fate change seals the fate of all remaining necros :))))

Logian
Shadow Member
Shadow Member
Game Relation: Rift

Post by Logian » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Whats so bad about seal fate, or am I missing something there? its still the same spell correct? just lets you spam it more ? :O

DT - yarp that one blows, hell give back the old one, but ramp up the dmg to imune mobs waaay up.

The dot changes, did the dmg stay the same, or just spread out more? Or did they not change the dmg/tic, ?

I wonder if they changed the one goddamn necro bug I hated more then anything, that stat tap spell, that you couldent refresh before it ran out, was a 60s dur. and imho not too shabby. But since you always had to wait for it to exprie and were not able to refresh it at will, it kinda sucked.

Might have to log onto live once they put it in, and kill something and try out ze new neeecros, phear gnexx!
Logian, Logis, Loogi, Loogis, Logge, Logina, Gnexx, Gneex, Aisa, Bettsy, Granat, Finkel, Mashbuk etc..

Assalier

Post by Assalier » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:18 am

actually Sealed Fate was effective because it was a very long and strong dot. its crit rate was also exceptional, that is how 5dot mobs go down faster than they would regen. :)

to me its a bad thing, as i mainly kept playing necro because it can solo stuff others cant. their damage is still reasonable against undead types, but the new 50+ content just resists my phisical (or even heals), so i dropped necro several months ago and focused on playing DK instead.

didnt quit necro because of this patch :) all i said it sealed its fate; in my case it means most likely i will not be playing that dude unless someone needs HL zombie parts fast! :)))))

playing DDO, well if you can call 15mins/day playing 'playing'... how is EQ2 fares Logi?

dosi
Shadow Member
Shadow Member
Game Relation: Vanguard : Saga of Heroes
Online Main Character Name: Dosi

Post by dosi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:19 am

Tiraslee Developer

The following notes will be added to Test within the hour.

- Necrotic Clutch now properly displays in the buffs window instead of debuffs.

- Ritual of the Slayer will now summon a caster version if you are in Wraith form.

- Increased the damage on the Slayer minions.

- Removed the wraith version of the spell Advocate’s Ritual. Pre-existing wraiths will need to visit the trainer to relearn the spell.

- Vile Ritual will no longer attempt to give your abomination energy and will give it health instead.

- Vile Ritual cast time has been increased to 5 seconds.

- All necro pet heals now scale past level 50 up to level 55.

- Increased the healing amount on Blood Rite.

- The return effect on Rite of the Master has been reduced to 33%. This is due to the abominations health increased by a large amount.

Grafts

- Fixed an issue with Heart of Blood Bonding not working for some attacks.

- Fixed the description for Heart of Blood Bonding to reveal that it only works on melee attacks. It has always worked this way.

- Skin of Zaygius now properly displays the double attacks.

- Claw of Chrykalis now clearly displays the riposte attack.

- Fixed a typo in Midrada's Vengeance.

- Midrada's Vengeance will now properly take away 25% of the abominations health.
Tiraslee Developer

Also increasing the damage on Detonate Corpse and increasing the range on Noxious Malady to 25m.
Tiraslee Developer

Removing Advocate's Ritual altogether. We're not going to bump its damage over the slayers so there is no point in having it.

Logian
Shadow Member
Shadow Member

Post by Logian » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:50 am

Assalier wrote:actually Sealed Fate was effective because it was a very long and strong dot. its crit rate was also exceptional, that is how 5dot mobs go down faster than they would regen. :)

to me its a bad thing, as i mainly kept playing necro because it can solo stuff others cant. their damage is still reasonable against undead types, but the new 50+ content just resists my phisical (or even heals), so i dropped necro several months ago and focused on playing DK instead.

didnt quit necro because of this patch :) all i said it sealed its fate; in my case it means most likely i will not be playing that dude unless someone needs HL zombie parts fast! :)))))

playing DDO, well if you can call 15mins/day playing 'playing'... how is EQ2 fares Logi?
Ya but isent all that the same? Just that you can press the button every 30sec now instead of once every 3min? Unless something else got changed with the spell, I dont see how it can be a bad thing.

DDO? Wuts DDO? Dungeons n Dwagons Online? :O

EQ2, yeah. Its moving along, but Ive promissed a few friends I would give Aion a shot once its out, so we will have to see how Ill manage to juggle em two games :P
Logian, Logis, Loogi, Loogis, Logge, Logina, Gnexx, Gneex, Aisa, Bettsy, Granat, Finkel, Mashbuk etc..

Assalier

Post by Assalier » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:45 am

not the same imo. SF is chain triggered, so it was great to have it out at start and it lasted long enough, so fear tanking was possible without many stops and mob regaining strength.

DDO, yes its free, im on Cannith server (Assalier/Astery names), but most of the time just www.apfs-online.com :)

gonna be moving next few weeks, also internet will be down for me till it is hooked up at new place. hope cable reaches out that far to the city border :) if not, im forced to give up internet and focus on garden/sauna/barbecue :))))

Logian
Shadow Member
Shadow Member

Post by Logian » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:52 pm

WAT, why is Dosi in that game and not me!?

Im sad :(

Assalier

Post by Assalier » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:02 pm

where do you see Dosi?

Logian
Shadow Member
Shadow Member

Post by Logian » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Id show ya, but that site is down atm!

Will see if I can get too it tomorrow tho!

Assalier

Post by Assalier » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:34 am

i found it! hehe i tried hiding those printouts, but failed obviously! :)

anyways, i will create accounts for everyone interested, and at some point you can also create accounts on your own.

right now only linux, but working on windows client :)

i will have the server running 24/7 in a few weeks, right now it will be on during daytime.

Logian
Shadow Member
Shadow Member

Post by Logian » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Hah ! Cant hide stuffs from me! Im like a badger! I sniff stuffs out!

But yeah, if ya want hepl with some testing and someone who comes up with alot of weird ideas, sign me up! Know nothing about coding n stuffs tho!